How To Make Birthday Party Hat
Three-dimensional cakes are popular for birthday parties. This construction hat cake may look complicated, but it's actually a simple cake that requires only basic cake decorating skills. A ball-shaped pan creates the top part of the cake, eliminating the need to carve the basic structure.
Supplies for the Construction Hat Cake
- Dome-shaped cake: A spherical pan, such as the Wilton ball pan, works well to create the dome shape. Another option is to bake the cake in a Pyrex bowl.
- Round cake: The cake needs to be slightly larger than the base of the dome-shaped cake. It adds height to the hat and is used to cut the bill of the hard hat.
- Buttercream icing
- Fondant: Either homemade or premade fondant works.
- Cake board
- Offset spatula
- Rolling pin
Preparing the Cake
Place the dome-shaped cake on top of the round cake, lining up the curve of the dome with one side of the curve on the round cake. This serves as the back of the construction hat birthday cake. Trim the round cake to match the edge of the dome cake until reaching the side opposite the back. Cut away from the dome cake to create the bill of the hat from the round cake. Continue trimming around the hat to complete the shape. Lift the dome cake off of the shaped round cake. Place the bottom cake on a cake board. Add a layer of buttercream icing and place the dome cake back on top of the base.
Decorating the Three-Dimensional Cake
Covering the construction hat shaped birthday cake with fondant creates a smooth, continuous look that helps the two cakes look like one. Yellow buttercream is an option but may be difficult to smooth on the curved surfaces.
- Why Jehovahs Witnesses Dont Celebrate Birthdays
- Specialty Birthday Cakes
- Birthday Clipart Kid
- Birthday Suit Picture
- Free Printable Rockclimbing Birthday Invitations
Printable birthday cards, printable free cards, free printable cards, free birthday cards, greeting cards, free e cards for all occasions. Free ecards, invitation ...